Posts Tagged ‘obstacles’
Copenhagen math-rock nerds Obstacles are touring Germany and East Europe at the moment. Debut full-length Dividual is coming out on PlayRec, September 20th. Listen on myspace and check if they’re coming to a town near you.
UPDATE! Band says:
We are sincerely happy to announce that our debut album DIVIDUAL is going to be released at Play/Rec on September 20th 2010.
Dividual is the product of over a year’s hard work with writing, touring and recording. And we can truly say that we are proud of this record!
We especially want to thank Jakob Reichert Nielsen for his effort and patience while recording and mixing this album. We are really happy with the result.
We also want to thank the guys at Play/Rec for releasing the record, Alan Douches for mastering and Patrick Ringsborg for providing the artwork.
Since the record in its final form didn’t make it to this tour, we’ve made a limited sneak peek CD-R edition, only available at the shows on this tour. So, if you want to listen to the record before it comes out on vinyl, you can purchase it cheaply at our shows around Europe.
- Marvins Revolt is releasing Patrolling the Heights in a week. New track here.
- Cinemechanica is working on a new full-length!
- Obstacles is also working on a full-length and would like to hear from any interested labels.
- Golden Antenna has released the new IRA yesterday
- Native has previewed another track on their myspace.
Danish, but out-of-this-world instrumental math-rock Obstacles have mixed and mastered a 7″ and are almost ready to put it out in Denmark on Red Tape. They’re still looking for a label outside DK. Compared to the old EP, the band sounds even more powerful — almost as amazing as their live shows. Also, they’re touring central Europe in September.
Some bands you can check out for your previewing pleasure. They’re in the category of math, and I thought they deserved some attention that I can’t currently give them by reviewing.
- The Bronzed Chorus (US) – New release on Hello Sir, sounds amazing. – myspace – hello sir
- Argument (FR) – Second album ‘Schweiss’ Out now on Kythibong. Hell yeah. Fits nicely with Fordamage, Komandant Cobra, 31 Knots and Room 204. – MP3 I – MP3 II – myspace
- Tall Ships (UK) – currently recording EP, a promising mathy post-rock mix.. FMTM, Maserati etc. – myspace – Big Scary Monsters Podcast feat. Tall Ships’ new demo
- Three Trapped Tigers (UK) – EP is available for five quid or on Emusic. Fantastic mix of Electro and Math, kinda like Aucan – myspace
- Obstacles (DK) – I know for a fact that these guys play amazing live shows. – last.fm with every song from EP listenable
- Monument (US) – Think Algernon Cadwallader, American Football etc. New 7″ out – myspace +2 tasty free demo releases
- Antarctic (US) – Brilliant new Florida instrumental mathy sound of genius currently recording – myspace
- Zona Mexicana (US) – myspace
- Modrec (GR) – myspace
- Los Webelos (US) – myspace
- DÃa Dora Vida (US) – myspace
- Pneu (FR) – myspace